REGULATIONS ABOUT THE PRESENT COVID PANDEMIC CAN BE FOUND ON THE LATEST NEWS PAGES
COTTINGHAM DARBY & JOAN HALL
STANDARD RENTAL CONDITIONS
- The Hall has a Premises Licence issued by the East Riding of Yorkshire Council, which permits a range of regulated entertainment only. See Notice Board in Main Entrance.
- The Hall has a licence with the Performing Right Society for the performance of copyright
- The Hall is not licensed for the sale of alcohol. However, there is no objection to offering alcohol free of charge at social functions.
- Gaming, betting and lotteries. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
- The Hall is not licensed for TV receivers, video recording, computers with broadcast cards or the showing of films by any medium.
- The Trust has Employers’ and Public Liability Insurance See Notice Board in Entrance.
- The Premises are fully covered for the Public Liability Insurance of the Trustees. However, no responsibility can be accepted for any activities of those hiring rooms.
- Hirers are advised to arrange their own Public Liability Insurance. This should cover them against any claim made against them in respect of any activities they are responsible for, any equipment they bring on to the premises or any damage caused to the premises or any nuisance caused to a third party.
- ACCIDENTS AND DANGEROUS OCCURRENCES
The Hirer must report all accidents involving injury to the public by completing an Accident Report Form (copies are kept in the First Aid Box in the kitchen) and putting it in the Booking Secretary’s Mail box in the Main Hall. Any failure of equipment belonging to the hall or brought in by the Hirer must also be reported as soon as possible. The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR) require that certain types of accident or injury must be reported on a special form to the H.S.E. Incident Contact Centre in any of the following ways:
- Telephone: 0845 3009923
- Facsimile: 0845 3009924
- Website: riddor.gov.uk or via the HSE website: www.hse.gov.uk
- By post: Incident Contact Centre, Caerphilly Business Park, Caerphilly, CF83 3GG
- CANCELLATION POLICY
Should the hirer wish to cancel a booking please notify the Booking Secretary as soon as possible. The Darby and Joan Trust will consider the individual circumstances and determine whether any charge will be made. Cancellations not made in advance of the event will be subject to a cancellation fee.
- SMOKING & VAPING
The Hirer shall, and shall ensure that the Hirer’s invitees, comply with the prohibition of smoking in public places provisions of the Health Act 2006 and regulations made thereunder. Any person who breaches this provision shall be asked to leave the premises. This applies to vaping as well. Smoking and vaping are not permitted anywhere in the building or in the Darby & Joan Hall grounds.
- SAFEGUARDING POLICY
The Hirer should ensure that they have referred to our Safeguarding Policy which is included with the hiring agreement and can also be found on the policy page of our website.
The hirer must have carried out relevant checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and be able to produce the appropriate proof if it is requested.
- FIRE REGULATIONS
- The maximum number of persons permitted in the Main Hall is 140 seated, standing or mixed. The recommended maximum for the small hall is 30 persons.
- Fire Regulations require us to notify all users of the premises that to reduce fire hazard, all passageways and stairways must be kept absolutely clear and all exit doors should be kept free of obstruction on both sides which includes ensuring that vehicles are well away from the main entrance and exit doors.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to familiarise themselves and their groups with the location of:
- the fire extinguishers and their types.
- the fire exits.
- the fire alarm system.
- The Hirer should ensure that they have an arrangement for raising the alarm and a strategy for evacuating the building should the need arise.
- VEHICLE ENTRY, EXIT AND PARKING
Everyone using the Hall is required to observe the vehicle entry, exit and parking arrangements
- Ensure all doors are locked (both locks where applicable) when leaving the premises.
- The front doors should be closed once an activity has started, in order to guard against unwelcome intruders and preserve heat. The Trust accepts no responsibility for any losses incurred should the door be left open and a theft occur.
- Switch off all lights, especially front and rear toilets.
- Never leave handbags, mobile phones etc. unattended.
- No liability is accepted by the Trustees for vehicles or property left on the premises.
- Automatic security lights are provided at the side of the building.
- FACILITIES AND FITTINGS
- Tea making facilities and the loan of crockery/cutlery are included in the rental of both halls;
- The facilities do not include the use of ingredients, food or beverages housed in the fridge and cupboards, which are privately owned;
- There is an additional charge for the use of cooking equipment in the kitchen;
- All breakages should be reported, replaced or paid for;
- Used crockery and kitchenware should be washed and replaced in drawers and cupboards
- The kitchen should be left clean and tidy: this includes floors and worktops;
- Please provide your own tea towels and washing – up liquid.
- Kitchen hatch roller shutter – operate from inside the kitchen.
- Kitchen sun blind – operate from inside the kitchen.
2. Furnishings and fittings.
- Adjustment of the room temperature is by means of the room thermostats. Do not allow unauthorised persons to tamper with the boiler, heating or controls.
- An air extraction system control is located on the stairs to the right of the stage.
- The hall is double glazed, with curtains and/or blinds. Please treat the furnishings with care;
- Do not stand on chairs or drag chair stacks across the floor:
- An overhead projector and motorised screen are available in the Main Hall at no extra charge but should be booked in advance (see Hall Booking Form).
- The loop hearing system operates through the amplifier on the stage. Volume is pre-set.
- The public address system operates through the amplifier located on the stage. The microphone is housed on the stage and the volume is controlled through the “Master “dial.
- The line inputs for connecting CD players etc. are located on the stage and the volume is controlled through the amplifier – dials 4 and 5.
3. Main Hall Floor – Dancing
- No floor dressing is permissible;
- Shoes with stiletto heels must not be worn;
- Please treat the floor with respect.
- Do not use BLU TACK or SELLOTAPE or similar to attach notices to the walls;
- The cost of any damage incurred by the use of such materials will be charged to the hirer.
4. Automatic push button entrance doors These can be operated, by use of the key, either manually, by push button or held open to allow entrance for several people.
- IN AN EMERGENCY
Telephone 999 from your mobile phone or from the Cottingham Memorial Club, and ask for:
- The Police or
- The Fire Brigade or
- The Ambulance Service
- The postcode of the Hall is HU16 4AZ
- Peter Gibson (Caretaker) 07931 331855
- Les Fisher (Booking Secretary) 01482 343609
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HIRER TO MAKE ALL MEMBERS OF THEIR GROUP OR ORGANISATION AWARE OF THESE CONDITIONS.
DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK SOME SPECIAL CONDITIONS MAY APPLY